My job yesterday got cancelled (oh, I’m heartbroken that I didn’t get to crawl around in the rat-infested basement of a downtown warehouse. Just heartbroken. Really I am), but I have a 6:30 am call tomorrow on some low-budget thing. Since I’d made plans for both Sunday and Monday, I should have known I’d get a call to work.
Fine with me. I need the dough.
I normally ignore meme tags, but Mack Reed seems like a nice guy and has linked to me about a billion times, so I’ll honor the month-old request (hey, better late than never, right?) just this once.
Five things you didn’t know about me:
1) I have ADD. I’ve had it since I was a kid and it didn’t have a name other than “you’re so smart – why won’t you apply yourself?” By the time anyone figured out what it was and put me on medication for it, I was well into high school and a lifetime of underachieving had locked me out of the more prestigious colleges. C’est la vie.
2) For a short time, my parents thought sending me to a religious school was a good idea. I promptly got suspended for reading Charles Bukowski during Bible study time*.
3) I hate zucchini – I mean I really hate it and won’t eat it (or any dish containing it) even if I’m starving.
4) My favorite color is turquoise – not that wishy-washy pastel, but the rich dark blue-green that’s the color of the ocean when the water’s clear. If I could, I would paint everything I own that color.
5) I have actually uttered the following words: “The best part about the trip to Miami wasn’t all the partying in South Beach, it was when I went to Key West and saw the Hemmingway house.”
Bonus Item: My regret about seeing the Hemmingway house was not getting shit-faced and fighting someone while I was there. Sorry, Papa. I let you down.
*There’s something about people with ADD that we can’t pay attention to anything other than books. Nora Ephron, whom I adore, has ADD as well and has, on several occasions, mentioned being a voracious reader. What’s up with that?
And I still to this day would rather read Bukowski than the King James.