1. Notice that sky seems to be getting awfully dark and full of ash.
2. Wonder if ash-laden air contains enough oxygen to keep an adult human being conscious.
3. Begin to have trouble maintaining verticality.
4. Notice ground approaching head at a terrific speed.
5. Completely miss point of impact after hitting head on leg of crank-o-vator stand on way down.
6. Wake up in ambulance wondering what the hell just happened.
7. Notice that colleagues removed toolbelt, which was the only thing holding up pants.
8. Hope desperately that pants did not fall off during the trip from set to ambulance.
9. Regret choice to ‘go commando’ (due to laundry issues) this particular day.
10. Vow never to ‘go commando’ ever again, even if it means staying up all night washing underpants by hand.
11. Get released from hospital just in time to go back to set and help load truck because the producer called an ‘insurance day’ after four other crew members and director passed out, too.